THE CASE FOR HOLDING GREAT STOCKS AND ADDING TO YOUR WINNERS, FOREVER.
- Posted by chicagosean
- on November 8th, 2010
|The Product That Changed Everything|
Quick little momentum study I conducted via a rudely constructed spread sheet yielded this little nugget:
If one had invested $500 in $AAPL at the top price it traded at in January 2001 ($11.25/per share – split adjusted), and then subsequently invested an additional $500 once per month – but only months that traded higher than your last purchase, and furthermore assuming you paid the top tick for the month (which would be highly unlikely, but this is just for comparison’s sake), here are the stats:
- You would have made 37 unique investments since January 2001.
- You would have purchased a total of 418 shares
- Your total cash invested would total $16,250 since January 2001
- Your average price per share would be $38.88
- Your investment at today’s close ($318.62) would be worth $133,183
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Sean McLaughlin - Editorial, Curation, & Investor Relations Solutions at StockTwits. Also, former Member of the Chicago Board of Trade who trades his own account in Boulder, Colorado. More »
- Excerpt From My Daily Journal Entry
- An Absolute Economic, Societal, and Political Homerun
- The Market is Rigged!!!!!
- There is no script. Be in this moment. Trading is Improvising.
- Why I’ve Been Repeating Myself Every Morning… It’s a Bull Market, You Know!
- Living in a High Frequency World
- A Correction From Here Would Be Too Obvious
- Yeah, I said it…
- Annual Targets Have Been Hit, Take The Rest of the Year Off. Or Not…
- THIS Is What Makes A Market