What Works for You is What Works
- Posted by chicagosean
- on January 30th, 2012
Writing this from my hotel room in sunny Long Beach, California while tagging along with my wife as she attends to a “work emergency” at her firms’ office here (and briefly escaping Chicago winter), I can relate to and appreciate many of the points made in this excellent post by Darrin Donnelly archived on the Darvas Trader blog.
This particular paragraph hit home with me:
In the stock market, there’s no one way to make your fortune. Warren Buffett can make a fortune holding stocks for decades. Nicolas Darvas can make a fortune holding stocks for months. Buzzy Schwartz can make a fortune holding stocks for minutes. The stock market offers fantastic opportunity for speculators of all types to make their fortune.
Yes Yes Yes! Show me 100 successful Traders, and I’ll show you 100 unique ways to make money in the markets. There’s no one BEST way, there’s only the way that works best for you.
Please keep reading this excellent blog post, its well worth the 2 minutes you’ll spend on it:
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Sean McLaughlin - Editorial, Curation, & Investor Relations Solutions at StockTwits. Also, former Member of the Chicago Board of Trade who trades his own account in Boulder, Colorado. More »
- The Market is Rigged!!!!!
- There is no script. Be in this moment. Trading is Improvising.
- Why I’ve Been Repeating Myself Every Morning… It’s a Bull Market, You Know!
- Living in a High Frequency World
- A Correction From Here Would Be Too Obvious
- Yeah, I said it…
- Annual Targets Have Been Hit, Take The Rest of the Year Off. Or Not…
- THIS Is What Makes A Market
- Dissenting Opinions Form the Basis For Your Opportunity to Profit
- Attention Cypriotic Panic Peddlers…