No-Volume-Holiday-Week-Move? Stop, it doesn’t matter
- Posted by chicagosean
- on July 2nd, 2012
I’m gonna keep this post short and sweet, cuz there really isn’t any reason to spend time fighting against this mentality.
This being a “holiday week,” we will hear over and over about how this move or that breakout or this sell-off doesn’t really mean anything because it’s a holiday week and nobody cares. Whatever.
The problem I have with this is that when you put this week into the context of the big picture, say like the one below… all our little rationalizations for each little blip in those little squiggly lines doesn’t really amout to a hill of beans. So to say this week doesn’t really matter because of _________ is silly. Carry on.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Sean McLaughlin - Editorial, Curation, & Investor Relations Solutions at StockTwits. Also, former Member of the Chicago Board of Trade who trades his own account in Boulder, Colorado. More »
- Find Your Zen. It Makes All The Difference.
- Excerpt From My Daily Journal Entry
- An Absolute Economic, Societal, and Political Homerun
- The Market is Rigged!!!!!
- There is no script. Be in this moment. Trading is Improvising.
- Why I’ve Been Repeating Myself Every Morning… It’s a Bull Market, You Know!
- Living in a High Frequency World
- A Correction From Here Would Be Too Obvious
- Yeah, I said it…
- Annual Targets Have Been Hit, Take The Rest of the Year Off. Or Not…