When You Have No Move, You Do Nothing
- Posted by chicagosean
- on January 4th, 2013
Ok…I’m incredibly late to this party so bear with me. My wife and I do not subscribe to HBO. So whenever there is a killer show that everyone is talking about, we patiently wait until it’s out on BluRay and then pile in. (emphasis is related to the attached clip)
We’ve recently gotten into Boardwalk Empire. As everyone now knows, it’s a most amazing show. If you don’t know what it’s about, you can get up to speed here.
We are now plowing through season 2 and last night there was a scene that all Traders can/should relate to. It was almost as if the character Arnold Rothstein (brilliantly played by Michael Stuhlbarg) was reading directly from Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
Here’s a taste:
“Some days I make 20 bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months in fact, when I make no bet at all because there simply is no play. So I wait… “
Now watch this killer clip for the rest:
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Sean McLaughlin - Editorial, Curation, & Investor Relations Solutions at StockTwits. Also, former Member of the Chicago Board of Trade who trades his own account in Boulder, Colorado. More »
- The Market is Rigged!!!!!
- There is no script. Be in this moment. Trading is Improvising.
- Why I’ve Been Repeating Myself Every Morning… It’s a Bull Market, You Know!
- Living in a High Frequency World
- A Correction From Here Would Be Too Obvious
- Yeah, I said it…
- Annual Targets Have Been Hit, Take The Rest of the Year Off. Or Not…
- THIS Is What Makes A Market
- Dissenting Opinions Form the Basis For Your Opportunity to Profit
- Attention Cypriotic Panic Peddlers…